Subject: X2GoClient on Windows has issues with Audio when playing HTML5 Videos
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:25:55 +0100

package: x2goclient
version: 4.1.0.0

Hi,

as noticed on the latest preview builds of X2GoClient 4.1.0.0 that still
shipped with the previous version's PulseAudio version, playing HTML5
videos on YouTube when audio is enabled causes a lockup of the entire
HTML5 player, asking one to reload the page. This happens with the
X2GoClient slider set to "ADSL". On other slider settings, the video may
initially play, along with audio, but there's still a chance that it
will lock up a short while into the video.

Mike#2 is already investigating.

Manually replacing the PA we ship with X2GoClient with a separate 7.1
build for Windows seems to improve the situation.

The GUI controls (volume, pause/resume, time slider) of YouTube are
still very laggy in their response while the video is playing, but
upgrading to PA 7.1 seems to fix the more serious issues listed above.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243