Subject: x2goclient Doesn't Use libssh Config File
From: Matthew Rubenstein <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 13:27:48 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.1
Severity: wishlist

	Hello. x2goclient uses libssh but does not use a client config
file the way libssh can, ssh_options_parse_config()
http://api.libssh.org/master/group__libssh__session.html#ga82371e723260
c7572ea061edecc2e9f1

	~/.ssh/config or /etc/ssh_config are essential for client
configuration  of the ssh connection over which x2go sessions run.
Among other important configurations are Ciphers and KexAlgorithms
specifications, with which a client can require only trusted crypto
algorithms or else refuse connection. The current code simply
negotiates whichever algorithm is the first match in the hardcoded
libssh list to whatever the remote sshd specifies (eg. in its
sshd_config file). The agreed algorithm is currently not exposed to the
x2goclient user, but specifying it in the client config file would make
it knowable by the user depending on it. There are many other
configurations the config file could specify, to make x2goclient meet
user requirements, even just "work the same as my other ssh sessions"
where libssh supports those features.

	The Session preferences dialog's Connection tab could expose a
file open dialog to select a config file. That file open dialog could
default to the user's .ssh directory, or else to the directory
specified in the Session tab's "Use RSA/DSA key [...]" value if any.

--
[email-masked]
718-233-5097