I am running a Java program that performs a timer initiated operation once per minute throughout the work day. The elapsed time of this operation is usually about 2 milliseconds. I am viewing it remotely with either X2go or tightvnc. When I use tightvnc, I experience no problem. When I use X2go, there is no problem for the first 200 to 300 minutes, but at some point in time it will start to experience long elapsed times. Elapsed times increase gradually from about 2 milliseconds, to a few seconds, to even a few minutes. The maximum elapsed time varies. Then the elapsed time will drop back to 2 milliseconds and the pattern repeats.
I have been using tightvnc since 2012 and only in March of 2014 did I switch to X2go. It is then that I noticed this problem.
This could be a memory leak problem.
The server is running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and the command x2goversion reports the following.
The client is also Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and the version of x2goclient is implied by the version of ubuntu.
Attached is a LibreOffice document containing elapsed time plots.