Subject: False Alert
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:49:45 +0200

Control: close -1
Control: tag -1 not-a-bug

Closing this bug as it is a known false alert.  Whenever these
"smartscreen" filters (Chrome and Internet Explorer have them as well)
detect a Windows executable that isn't digitally signed (and our
detached GPG signatures don't count in that regard), and that hasn't
seen a large number of downloads, it will automatically flag it as
malicious.

If enough users report this to Mozilla/Google/Microsoft as a false
alert, a human will review the file and whitelist it.
Possibly this also happens over time, with a rising number of downloads
and/or the detection rates at virustotal.com not rising even after
several weeks.

I've just attempted a test download using the latest Firefox on a
Windows 10 machine, no such warning was issued any more.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243