Subject: Fwd: [X2Go-Dev] Broken glyphs and icons after suspending a session

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:50:09 +0200

Package: x2goagent
Severity: important
Version: 3.5.0.14

Hi all,

putting this mail from x2go-dev mailing list into our new BTS to  
follow the progress on this issue.

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von [email-masked] -----
      Datum: Sat, 12 May 2012 00:10:11 +0200
        Von: Holger Hahn <[email-masked]>
Antwort an: [email-masked]
    Betreff: [X2Go-Dev] Broken glyphs and icons after suspending a session
         An: [email-masked]

Hello x2go dev team,

as I was looking for an alternative on NX nomachine, because it was
broken with the last Cairo 1.12 update, I found your x2go solution,
which is great.

So as it bases on the same libraries than the original nomachine, you
had the same issues - with rendering to undrawable objects, the whole
nxagent crashes because of SEGV.

With the patch of Jan (thanks to) you committed to the master branch
today, I compiled another nxagent. Actually it worked fine, but after
suspending and reconnecting to a session, some graphical objects get
broken...

All characters/fonts that has been rendered on the screen prior the
suspension, are gone. (See Screenshots the link below).
Creating new text by starting applications is ok, as long as the
characters has not been rendered in the session before.

I thought it might be problem with a kind of glyph cache of the X
session (ubuntu/x86 x2goclient). But I found one case, where
additionally to the text, all icons are gone also, which was with an
debian/x64 x2goclient... (Difference can be seen on screenshots)

Might it have to do something with the patch from today, that could
filter out to much rendering? Or is this issue known from somewhere else?

Here are some screenshots: http://www.computerfreak.de/sonic/x2shots/

Thanks for your help,
Holger
_______________________________________________
X2Go-Dev mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-dev

----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb